It is unlawful for Scrap Partners, LLC to purchase Non-Ferrous metals from
a seller who does not have a valid permit. Sellers who wish to sell
Non-Ferrous metals for the purpose of recycling, must obtain a valid permit
to transport and sell such metals.

What do I need a permit to sell?
Non-Ferrous metals: copper, copper wire, aluminum, stainless steel, brass,
catalytic converters (not aluminum cans and ferrous metals)

How do I get a permit?
Go to the County Sherriff’s Office (Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm). Be sure to bring a valid State issued picture ID.

How do I get a temporary permit?
UPDATE...  South Carolina no longer issues temporary permits.